Edge 1040 GPS
Never stop cycling with Edge® 1040. It’s our first GPS bike computer with multi-band GNSS technology for even better coverage under dense tree cover, on remote mountain trails and even in the urban canyon. It’s also packed with performance features that help you understand your strengths and weaknesses to coach you through any challenge. When paired with your compatible sensors, it can even help you manage your efforts by providing power targets throughout a course and stamina feature insights, so you know how much gas is left in the tank. And the setup is simple, so you can take it out of the box and be out riding in no time.
- Advanced GPS bike computer combines superior navigation, planning and performance tracking, cycling awareness and smart connectivity
- Find your way in the most challenging environments with multi-band GNSS technology that provides enhanced positioning accuracy
- Simplified setup and a streamlined interface make it quick and easy to access the information, courses and tools you need and even adjust data fields right from the Edge® device or from your paired smartphone
- Classify your strengths as a cyclist, and compare your cycling ability to the demands of a specific course when paired with your compatible sensors, so you can focus your training and improvement in the right areas
- Manage your efforts with the power guide feature, which recommends power targets throughout a course, when paired with your compatible sensors
- Get stamina feature insights while you ride, when paired with your compatible sensors, so you can keep an eye on how much longer you can really push it
- Stay on top of your training program with prompts to complete missed workouts
- Ride like a local, whatever your bike type, with improved ride type-specific maps that highlight popular roads and trails plus searchable points of interest
- Connect with your favorite apps and platforms, including Strava, Komoot, TrainingPeaks® and many more (Requires Garmin Connect™ smart-device app)
- Power your longest rides with up to 35 hours of battery life in demanding use cases plus up to 70 hours in battery saver mode
- Lithium Ion Cell Contained in Equipment
- Up to 35 hours Battery Saver Mode: Up to 70 hours
- 32 GB Internal Memory; External Memory Storage Available
TrainingPeaks® is a registered trademark of Peaksware, LLC.