Multi-Vitamin Elite - NSF Certified for Sport
Multi-Vitamin Elite provides highly bioavailable nutrients for athletes and others.* The
A.M. formula promotes energy production, while the P.M. formula enhances rest and recovery.*
Thorne's Multi-Vitamin Elite is NSF Certified for Sport®. It provides active individuals who have high-performance
nutritional regimens with essential nutrients in two complementary formulas.*
Both formulas contain a full complement of vitamins and minerals in their most absorbable forms.* Vitamin D promotes
strong bones and healthy immune function.* B vitamins support heart, blood vessel, and nerve health.* Vitamins K1
and K2 contribute to bone and blood vessel health.*
AM Formula: Promotes energy production*
- Contains two specially formulated phytosomes: Meriva® and green tea
- Meriva provides relief from occasional joint and muscle soreness*
- Meriva supports a healthy inflammatory balance and joint mobility*
- Green tea phytosome promotes fat burning*
- Flavonoids in green tea promote cellular energy production*
- Both curcumin and green tea have significant antioxidant properties that support healthy aging*
PM Formula: Enhances rest and recovery*
- Contains Relora®, a proprietary blend of Magnolia and Phellodendron extracts
- Relora down-regulates evening cortisol levels that can cause anxious feelings and interfere with weight
- Relora has been shown to curb late-night cravings and, coupled with the extra magnesium, supports restful sleep*
- In one trial, athletes who took Multi-Vitamin Elite P.M. fell asleep faster and achieved better sleep quality*
Because an athlete needs to know that his or her nutritional supplements are trustworthy and compliant, all batches
of NSF Certified for Sport® products are tested for compliance with label claims and to ensure the absence of more
than 200 substances – including stimulants, narcotics, steroids, diuretics, beta-2 agonists, and masking agents –
banned by many major athletic organizations.
How to Use
Take 3 capsules of the A.M. formula in the morning and 3 capsules of the P.M. formula in the evening daily with a
meal or as recommended by your health-care practitioner.
Derived from natural flavors and colors. Gluten free. Dairy free. Soy free.
Unique additions to the A.M. formula
Meriva® is a patented curcumin extract. Whereas, a standard curcumin product, when taken orally, is not
well-absorbed, Meriva, made with advanced phytosome
technology – which involves binding the curcumin to phospholipids from sunflower oil – exhibits superior
absorption with resulting higher blood levels of curcumin
compared to other curcumin products. Curcumin is well known to help maintain healthy C-reactive protein
levels, and promotes healthy joint comfort and mobility.
The A.M. multi-vitamin formula also utilizes a unique form of green tea that employs the same phytosome
technology to achieve enhanced absorption.* Green tea polyphenols demonstrate significant antioxidant and
thermogenic (fat burning) effects.* In a 90-day study, 100 obese subjects were placed on either a low-calorie
diet or a low-calorie diet plus green tea phytosome. The green tea phytosome cohort achieved significantly
better improvements in weight and body mass index
compared to the diet-only cohort.
Unique additions to the P.M. formula
Relora® is a proprietary blend of two plant extracts – from Magnolia officinalis and Phellodendron amurense –
that has been shown to curb late-night food cravings,
aiding in weight management. Relora has also been shown to decrease cortisol levels in the evening4 and decrease
feelings of anxiousness5 in adults who supple-
mented with it for six weeks.* In a 2016 study, one dose of the Multi-Vitamin Elite’s P.M. formula the night
before an endurance cycling event resulted in improved
sleep quality and improved sleep quantity.* Time to fall asleep was an average of 28 minutes less in the group
taking the Multi-Vitamin Elite P.M. formula.
Key nutritional features
- Contains botanical extracts that provide additional benefit for joint recovery, energy metabolism, stress
relief, and restful sleep*
- Includes the better-utilized forms of vitamin B12 and folate*
- Provides vitamin K2 to support bone and vascular health*
- Contains chelated minerals for optimal absorption*
This product is contraindicated in an individual with a history of hypersensitivity to any of its ingredients. Iodine
may occasionally cause an allergic reaction in some individuals.
If pregnant or nursing, do not use this product; otherwise consult your health professional before using this
Because vitamin K interferes with the effect of anticoagulant drugs (like Coumadin), the concurrent use of these
agents should be avoided.
5-methyltetrahydrofolate supplementation is not recommended concurrently with methotrexate cancer therapy because
they can interfere with methotrexate's anti-neoplastic activity; however, this folate source has not been shown to
interfere with the anti-inflammatory activity of methotrexate. Therefore, an individual taking methotrexate for
psoriasis or rheumatoid arthritis can safely take a supplement containing folate.
Curcumin has been shown to reduce the therapeutic efficacy of cyclophosphamide (Cytoxan) in animal studies. In vitro
research reveals that curcumin decreases camptothecin-induced death of cultured breast cancer cells. Curcumin might
also interfere with the absorption and efficacy of the chemotherapy drug irinotecan, used to treat colon cancer. The
concurrent use of curcumin with these agents should be avoided.
* These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to
diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.