We have compiled a list of frequently asked Theragun questions. If you have a question that is not answered below, please feel free to give us a call.
Theragun Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a Theragun?
- How does percussive therapy work?
- Who is Theragun for?
- How do I use my Theragun?
- What are the benefits of using a Theragun?
- How long should I use my Theragun?
- When should I use my Theragun?
- Can I travel with my Theragun?
- Is the Theragun FSA/HSA approved?
- How do I change the Theragun attachments?
- When is the Theragun fully charged?
What is a Theragun?
The Theragun is a percussive therapy treatment device designed to help with pain relief, enhancing performance, improving range of motion and faster recovery.
How does percussive therapy work?
The Theragun percussive therapy overrides the pain signals to the brain, increasing heat in the tissue and release tension. This is all done using percussive amplitude that is calibrated to a frequency of 40 percussions per second.
Who is Theragun for?
The Theragun is for anyone looking for a natural and safe way to relieve pain and improve physical health. If you are looking for a tool to help you recover faster, relieve tension and pain, and perform better, the Theragun is the tool for you!
How do I use my Theragun?
Here are a few quick steps to get you started with your Theragun. If you are looking for more detailed use instructions checkout out or How To Use a Theragun page.
- Always turn on the Theragun before placing it on the body.
- If you have a Theragun G3PRO or Theragun G3, use the speed button to select your desired percussion speed. We recommend using the lighter speed for sensitive or sore areas and the full speed for everything else.
- To use, simply “float” the Theragun over the muscles that need the most attention. Let the Theragun do the work for you, slowly moving the Theragun up and down the muscle, gradually adjusting the pressure as needed.
What are the benefits of using a Theragun?
The Theragun’s percussive therapy design is a natural approach to improving your physical health. Percussive therapy can help you perform better, recover faster, and relieve tension and pain.
Here are just a few Theragun benefits:
- Accelerates recovery and muscle repair
- Increases blood and lymphatic flow
- Relieves muscle spasms and stiffness
- Breaks up scar tissue
- Improves lactic acid clearance
- Activates the nervous system and muscles
- Muscle fatigue, pain, tightness, soreness, and knots
- Natural stress relief
- Myofascial release
How long should I use my Theragun?
Depending on your needs, we recommend using your Theragun for a minimum of 15 seconds and a maximum of 2 minutes per muscle group. A full body session should not take longer than 15 minutes and you can treat yourself 2-3 times per day.
30 Seconds = Muscle Activation
15 Seconds = Muscle Re-Activation
2 Minutes = Pain Relief and Recovery
When should I use my Theragun?
The Theragun is great for use before, during and after any workout or physical activity. Use it before and during to activate and re-activate muscles, and after to help speed up muscle recovery.
Can I travel with my Theragun?
Yes, you can travel with your Theragun and accessories in your carry-on luggage, but it is at the discretion of the TSA to allow it through at the airport.
The G3PRO Lithium-ion batteries must be removed and stored in your carry-on baggage only. If you are traveling with your G3 or Liv, since the battery is built-in you must carry the entire unit with you in your carry-on baggage.
Is the Theragun FSA/HSA approved?
FSA and HSA approval all depends on your insurance company, but we do accept FSA and HSA card payments. While we have customers that have purchased a Theragun product using FSA and HSA, we always recommend contacting your insurance provider to make sure you follow the appropriate steps before purchasing.
How do I change the Theragun attachments?
The Theragun head attachments are very easy to change. Simply pull straight back on the attachment to remove it from the Theragun.
When putting a new attachment on you will see two little side tabs on the Theragun arm. Light up the notches inside the attachment with the side tabs and put straight on. It should slide on with little effort and you will feel a small click once it’s in place.
Read more about Theragun attachments.
When is the Theragun fully charged?
Each Theragun battery takes approximately 75 minutes to charge.
On the side of the G3 and Liv you will see six white lights that flash up while charging. Once the lights are solid, not flashing, the battery is fully charged.
MORE: Theragun vs. Hypervolt