Overpriced gym memberships and expensive fitness classes certainly aren’t required to meet your fitness goals.
Nope, simply with a few good exercise and workout machines, a dash of ingenuity, and a couple of specialized recovery tools, you’ll be well on your way to becoming the athlete you’ve always dreamt you’d be.
And while you’re on your fitness journey, there’s definitely no need to rush out and buy the most popular home exercise equipment.
In fact, there are many super-effective home gym products on the market you are yet to hear of.
And that’s exactly what we are going to detail throughout this article.
Here is all the must-have workout equipment to bring the gym home with you.
Benefits of Home Fitness
There are a ton of benefits to working out from home, these include:
- It saves time - There’s no reason to jump in a car or catch public transport, it’s as simple as rolling out a yoga mat or walking into your home gym.
- It’ll save money - There’s no traveling costs, no expensive gym fees, or personal trainer expenses, just your home gym equipment and your commitment to staying fit, healthy, and happy.
- Workout when it suits your schedule - There’s no reason to be rushing to the gym at lunchtime or squeezing out more time from your busy schedule for a fitness class. Nope, simply workout out whenever it suits you, at any time of the day or night.
- Workouts can be done at your own pace - At home workouts come with no pressure from your peers or training coach. They can be completed at a pace that suits your body and how it’s feeling, whether that be high-intensity for high gains or low-intensity for recovery.
Whatever the reason for exercising at home, whether it be the pandemic or the simple wish to save a bit of extra cash, there’s absolutely no reason why you can’t make home fitness a huge success.
To help you out, here is all the best quality fitness equipment you are yet to hear of.
The Best Cardio Machine
With limited space and plenty of excuses not to keep your cardiovascular health in shape, cardio exercise can be a bit of a challenge at home. Never fear, these pieces of cardio equipment are sure to make aerobic exercise easy and super accessible.
1. Stages SC2 Indoor Cycle
The Stages SC2 has been designed and manufactured to simulate that real-world bicycle feel and performance many athletes crave from the open road. The SC2 features the Stage’s Sprint Shift, a design that facilitates instantaneous macro-level resistance changes through a simple and easy to turn of a lever.
This is a great addition for athletes that enjoy high-intensity interval training workouts. Athletes can add or drop resistance quickly and easily without losing that valuable workout pump.
The SC2 also features a patented CarbonGlyde drivetrain, a super-quiet magnetic resistance system that combines a 5:1 gear ratio, and a perimeter-weighted flywheel to give that true open road feel.
The Stages SC2 Indoor Cycle’s features include:
- Lightweight and portable design
- Industrial powder-coated finish aluminum alloy frame
- Magnetic Eddy current resistance system
- Patented SprintShift resistance lever
- Adjustable seat
- Fore-aft adjustment
- SPD cleats and toe cage
- USB data capture with optional ECOSCRN Console
- Frame: 10 years
- Carbon belt: 10 years
- Mechanical system: 3 years
- Labor and electrics: 1 year
- Wearable Parts: 6 months
2. Tacx Neo Bike Smart Trainer
If you are a cyclist or athlete that is particularly craving the real-world experience of cycling your favorite outdoor cycling circuits, then the Tacx Neo is definitely the best piece of cardio equipment for your home gym.
The Tacx Neo Smart Bike possesses unique features that perfectly emulate the feeling of open road cycling through features like road feel, gear feel, virtual gears, air fans, and downhill drive.
Experience the sensation of pedaling across different riding surfaces like cobblestone, gravel, or bitumen through the immersive road feel feature.
Take on a few hills with the descent simulation that emulates the exciting feel of dropping down long descents or makes uphill climbs challenging and satisfying with automatic increases in resistance level.
Or feel the stable yet flexible design of the NEO Smart. This feature shifts the bike left and right to mimic the feel of cornering around long or sharp bends.
And to top it all off, the Tacx Neo is also super quiet, has an easy-to-use digital display, plus all those essential extras like a drink bottle and phone holder.
The Tacx Neo Bike Smart Trainer’s features include:
- 32 Neodymium magnet resistance system
- Mains power optional, meaning there’s no need to plug into 110 or 240-volt power
- Gear feel feature copies the feeling of changing gears out on the open road
- Integrated and interactive handlebar-mounted air fan that adjusts with an athlete’s speed, power, and heart rate
- Virtual shifting allows riders to quickly and easily change gear ratios through the bike’s digital console
- Virtually cycling downhill or uphill will trigger resistance levels that simulate the feeling of a real-world cycling
- Athletes have the opportunity to perfect their pedal stroke technique with Tacx Neo’s built-in stroke analysis tool
The Best Home Gym Equipmenet
To ensure your strength training doesn’t fall to the wayside, why not take advantage of the many free weight, cable machine, and weight bench options that are currently on the fitness market.
Here is the best home gym equipment to continue to meet your workout goals while making use of your very own home gym.
3. MX Select MX55 Adjustable Dumbbells
The MX Select MX55 adjustable dumbbell set is sure to keep you feeling and looking strong when working out from home. The MX55 features a patented rack and pinion system that’s compact in size, easy to use, and super quick to adjust.
The MX55 dumbbell set comes with a well-designed and durable rack that has been designed with space-saving in mind. The whole system is so compact it houses that same amount of weight as a typical 10-piece dumbbell rack in an 18.74x22x30.7 or 476x559x779mm space.
The MX55 Dumbbell seamlessly changes between 10-55lbs or 4.5-24.9kg with a simple turn of a dial. Simply place the Dumbbell in the weight rack’s cradle, push the select weight button on the side of the dumbbell’s handle, turn the dial to select the desired weight, push the dial in, and that’s all there is to it.
A quick, easy, and space-saving solution to your strength training goals.
The MX Select MX55’s features include:
- 10-55lbs or 4.5-24.9kg weight range
- A simple turn of a dial weight change capabilities for a quick, convenient, and space-saving strength training solution
- Patented rack and pinion design makes switching weight levels effortless
- The weight rack and the adjustable dumbbell is small and compact making it perfect for any home fitness studio
- Offers a massive array of different exercise, perfect for both upper body and lower body workouts
- 2-years limited warranty against component, material, or workmanship failure
4. TrueForm Trainer Treadmill
The Trueform Trainer Treadmill is a user-friendly and ergonomic option for both commercial and home gym applications. It is suited to all skill levels, easy to use, and the machine itself is durable, rugged, and built to last.
The Trueform Trainer has a smooth, quiet operation and its curved design makes walking, jogging, and running a breeze. The curved design will help athletes work for more muscle groups, burn more calories, boost endurance, and improve form, making you a better overall runner.
The TrueForm Trainer Treadmill’s features include:
- The integrated LCD is compatible with the T31 Polar coded heart rate sensor
- Solid 2inch steel frame
- 400lbs weight capacity
- No maximum speed setting
- No electricity necessary to operate
- High-end, durable slatted rubber tread
- 5-year parts and components warranty, 1-year labor warranty
The Best Calisthenics Equipment
Calisthenics is a great way to increase strength while still looking after your joints. Calisthenics is easy on the nervous system yet offers a whole range of different exercises that simply aren’t achievable with free weights. Here is the best Calisthenics equipment to make the most of your very own bodyweight.
5. BOSU Home Balance Trainer
The BOSU Home Balance Trainer is perfect for athletes that are looking to strengthen, tone, lose weight, increase core strength, increase flexibility, improve balance, or overall fitness and wellbeing.
The BOSU Home Balance Trainer offers a full-body workout that’s not only great for overall strength and conditioning but will offer dynamic, multi-joint movements that require entire muscle groups to work simultaneously together.
The BOSU Home Balance Trainer’s features include:
- Six rubberized feet for non-slip stability
- 10inch height when fully inflated
- Weight capacity of 300lbs or 136kg
- 100 percent phthalate and latex-free, burst-resistant material
- 90-day limited home use warranty
6. Jacob’s Ladder Machine
The Jacob’s Ladder Machine offers a high-intensity yet low-impact and easy on the body workout. The Ladder offers athlete’s bodies a 40-degree angled workout that is easy on the ankles, knees, hips, and lower back, helping strengthen problem muscle groups while reducing the chance of injury.
This is achieved by ladder-type rungs mounted on a non-motorized continuous treadmill that’s self-paced, simple to use, and great for athletes of all skill and fitness levels.
The Jacob’s Ladder Machine makes a great rehabilitation, circuit, and endurance trainer, making it the perfect fitness all-rounder benefiting all athletes from any athletic discipline.
The Jacob’s Ladder Machine’s features include:
- Digital display shows, distance climbed, elapsed workout times, rate per feet/minutes passed, calories burnt, and heart rate when using chest strap monitor
- The unit is self-powering and not required to be plugged into mains for an effective workout
- Rungs are made from solid maple timber
- The resistance system is self-paced, the faster an athlete climbs the more intense a workout will be
- Jacob’s offers a 4-year commercial warranty
- 4-year parts warranty, 1-year labor warranty
The Best Full-Body Workout Equipment
One of the hardest things to achieve from home is a full-body workout. Full-body workouts are just great for cardiovascular and skeletal health but they also save precious time and make working out an absolute breeze. Here is the best full-body workout equipment currency on the market.
7. First Degree Fitness Viking 2 AR Plus Reserve Rowing Machine
The Viking 2 AR Plus Reserve indoor rowing machine is a top of the line rower designed for both commercial use and home gyms. The Viking 2 is purposed to simulate the feeling of open water rowing.
This is facilitated by the Viking 2’s Fluid Resistance Technology, a triple-blade impeller mounted within a tank that is then filled with water. As an athlete pulls on the rowing handle the impeller glides through the water emulating the natural catch and feel of on-water rowing.
The Viking 2 AR’s 4-levels of adjustable resistance is sure to keep an athlete’s heart rate high while recording and displaying every metric you’d like to see on the machine’s touchscreen display.
The Viking 2 is also able to be stored horizontally, making it perfect for keeping floor space use to a minimum.
The Viking 2 AR Plus Reserve’s features include:
- Natural-feeling resistance system from First Degree Fitness’s Fluid Resistance Technology
- Comfortable padded seat that’s mounted on precision rollers and bearings for added smoothness
- Built-in transit wheels for light and easy movement
- Basically maintenance-free
- Digital-display tracks heart rate, distance, time, and calories.
- Tough polycarbonate water tank
- Instantly adjusting footboard that suits trainers, sneakers, socks, or bare feet
- 5-year main frame warranty
- 5-year polycarbonate tank & seals warranty
- 2-year warranty mechanical components (of non-wearing nature)
- 1-year warranty for all other components (of a wearing nature)
8. CLMBR Vertical Climbing Machine
Take the rock face from outside to inside with the CLMBR Vertical Climbing Machine. The CLMBR offers an efficient, low-impact, full-body workout that’s both perfect for a boutique fitness studio or home gym.
It's low maintenance, durable, and designed for small floor spaces, its base only covering an area of 34x33inches or 864x838mm.
The CLMBR Vertical Climbing Machine burns up to 60% more calories than cycling, running, or rowing, and its resistance and intensity are easily adjusted by a simple turn of a dial.
The CLMBR’s features include:
- Precise resistance settings allow athletes to dial in a preferred blend of cardio and strength training
- Oversized and fixed positioned pedals have easy to adjust foot straps for both comfort and stability
- Built-in track wheels, a compact frame, and a lightweight frame means the CLMBR can easily be moved about the home gym
- Easy to adjust handles facilitate three hand positions
- Nine levels of easily adjusted height for optimal body alignment
- 2-year parts warranty
- 2-year labor warranty
- 60-day wearable parts warranty
9. Aviron Impact Series Home Interactive Rowing Machine
The Aviron Impact Series Home Interactive Rowing training system features a durable high-strength aluminum frame and 16-level dual magnetic-resistance level. Its lightweight design and space-saving folding features make it the perfect solution for athletes that want to keep fit from the comfort of their own home gym.
The Impact Series Rower resistance can both be manually or automatically adjusted by the Averion training system. The Impact Series Rower is also equipped with a huge 22inch touchscreen display that features many metric sensors to keep athletes up to date with their most recent workout efforts.
The Impact Series Home Interactive’s features include:
- High-strength and well-designed aluminum frame for easy storage and durability
- A 22inch high-definition touch screen that allows playback of movies and TV series while getting a touch of fitness in
- Self-guided workout programs put together by world-famous trainers and athletes
- 2-year limited warranty
The Best Muscle Recovery Tools
And, of course, once you’ve put all the hard work into your workouts it’s time to recover. Recovery is arguably just as important as putting in time at the gym. Looking after your muscular and skeletal system through stretching and massages will pay dividends in the long run and allow you to get back to working out sooner and more frequently. Here are the best muscle recovery tools.
10. Theragun Elite Percussion Massager
The Theragun Elite Percussion Massager has been designed to be lightweight, easy to use, yet powerful enough to get into those troublesome joint aches and recovering sore muscles.
The Theragun Elite features three built-in speed presets, a two-hour battery life, a beautiful to look at high-quality OLED display screen, and built-in wireless charging capabilities.
Theragun’s brand new brushless Quietforce Technology, available in all their new products, offers super quiet operation while delivering up to 40lbs of force. The Elite Percussion Massager also integrates with Apple Health and Google Fit apps by learning from an athlete’s behavior data and suggesting guided routines to reduce soreness and speed up recovery.
The Theragun Elite Percussion Massager’s features include:
- High-quality OLED display screen
- A customizable speed range of between 1750-2400 PPM
- Up to 40 lbs of no-stall force to get into that deep muscular tissue
- Wireless charging with purchase of additional Theragun Elite Wireless Charger
- Internal lithium-ion battery for around 2 hours of use
- Ergonomic Theragun Triangle handle design
- 1-Year warranty
11. Theragun Wave Roller
This is not just your everyday foam roller. Nope, the Theragun Wave Roller will take your foam roller game to the next level.
With five powerful vibration intensity settings, 12 inches of high-density PU foam, wave-shaped grooves, and Bluetooth connectivity, the Wave Roller is like no other foam roller you’ve ever experienced before.
The high-density foam has been specially designed to dampen sound while effectively delivering vibrational surges through the body. The Wave Roller’s five intensity speed settings allow athletes to customize their recovery sessions, improve flexibility, and reduce soreness.
The Theragun Wave Roller’s features include:
- 5 intensity speed settings
- Bluetooth connectivity for app guided routines to help recovery
- Up to 3-hour battery life of sustained use
- Wireless charging enabled
- 12 inches long for a full-body treatment
- Hypo-allergenic EVA high-density foam for full-body support
- 1-Year warranty
12. Game Ready Ice Machine GRPro 2.1 Cold & Compression Therapy Unit
Game Ready’s GRPro 2.1 is sure to take your recovery game to the next level. Its clinically proven powerful control unit offers a whole new way of getting your body back training with less recovery time. The unit’s circumferential cold and compression wraps work to decrease pain and swelling, assist in increasing range of motion, and speed up workout recovery times.
The GRPro 2.1 system facilitates deep tissue and joint penetration, long-lasting cooling, circumferential limb coverage, intermittent compression, plus the unit is portable and can be used from the home, office, or on the sidelines of any sporting event.
In fact, the GRPro 2.1 is so effective it is now used and trusted by many leading physical therapists, orthopedic surgeons, athletic trainers, elite athletes, and many professional sporting teams from around the world.
The Game Ready Ice Machine GRPro 2.1 Cold & Compression Therapy Unit’s features include:
- The GRPRO 2.1 has been clinically proven through evidence-based trials to improve recovery and reduce soreness
- The unit helps to reduce pain and swelling
- The GRPRO 2.1 has been designed with comfort and user safety in mind
- Can treat up to two patients at a time
- The unit can also be used on horses and for other veterinary purposes
- Three adjustable cyclical pneumatic compression settings
- A convenient digital timer and compression timed preset protocols
- Is small, compact, and portable only weighing 7.3lbs or 3.3kg
- The unit has been approved by the FDA for recovery use
- The compression wraps have been anatomically engineered for a better fit and comfort
- 1-year warranty
What home exercise equipment is the most effective?
The best home exercise equipment depends on your unique set of requirements. Things like your fitness level, fitness goals, floor space in your home gym, and home storage space, all come into which home exercise equipment will suit you best. To get you started though, rowing machines, climbers, and adjustable weight sets are some definite must-have gym equipment.
What is the best cardio equipment for the home?
There are a number of great cardio equipment machines that are perfect for home gyms. These include indoor rowing machines, treadmills, climbing machines, elliptical trainers, cross-country ski machines, stair steppers, and indoor cycling bikes. Although, the best cardio equipment for your home is one you’ll use regularly. Find an exercise you enjoy and can see yourself doing frequently. A cardio machine that sits there and isn’t used certainly isn’t burning any calories.
What is the best equipment for a full-body workout?
If you’re looking for home gym equipment that offers a killer full-body workout out, you simply can’t go past a set of kettlebells, a rowing machine, a set of resistance bands, a full-body strength trainer, an indoor cycling machine, or a yoga mat. All of these will offer you awesome full-body workouts that not only burn calories but also build muscle.
What is the best home exercise equipment to lose weight?
The best home gym equipment to lose weight is one you’ll use regularly. Find an activity you’ll enjoy and stick to, maybe a jumping rope is your thing, perhaps a slam ball will get your heart pumping, a rowing machine, treadmill, or elliptical trainer is what gets you excited to jump into your home gym. Whatever it is, make sure it’s not only an activity that burns calories but also something you’ll be excited to do again and again.
When purchasing the best home gym equipment, your main purchasing considerations should be home gym workout space, effectiveness, and price. Not well-known brands that are often expensive and unnecessary.
And as far as workouts go, find something that is going to suit your fitness goals. Your best bet, choose a machine or fitness equipment that gets you excited to workout.
Perhaps, if you are somebody that enjoys cardio, an indoor cycling bike is the right choice. If you are looking for a full-body workout, maybe a rower or climbing machine is your go-to. Or if you are into strength, resistance training, or calisthenics, an adjustable dumbbell set, wall bar, or balance board is more your thing.
And once the hard work is done, it’s high time you got a little RnR in with a massage or cold treatment compression session.
Your home gym doesn’t have to limit your fitness potential, with a few smart choices and the right home gym equipment you’ll be well on your way to becoming the best athlete you can be. All right from the comfort of your own home.
- 10 Reasons Why You Need A Theragun
- 13 Best Rowing Machines of 2021
- 12 Best Peloton Alternative Indoor Bikes
- Buyer's Guide: Comparing The Best Tacx Smart Trainers
- First Degree Fitness Vs WaterRower
- Stages SC3 vs SC2 vs SC1 Comparison Guide
- Product Comparison: The Trueform Runner vs TrueForm Trainer (2021)
- Game Ready: Cold Compression Therapy For Athletic Recovery
- Benefits of Percussions Massagers
- The Ultimate Guide To Theragun Percussive Therapy Massagers