The Best Recovery Boots of 2021
The 4 Best Recovery Boots of 2021
As the physical demand of being a top athlete grows on a daily basis, the science and engineering behind preventing muscle soreness does so similarly. Basic post workout recovery methods and muscle repair techniques such as stretching and rolling are slowly becoming secondary to the brilliant new technological appliances, including Compression Therapy in the form of recovery boots.
What is Compression Therapy?
Compression Therapy is the appliance of a “squeeze and release” method around the chosen muscle group to help reduce swelling and reduce secondary tissue damage. By doing this you promote rapid recovery by introducing fresh blood cells to the focus area and reduce the flow of lactic acid to make your muscles heal quicker. For Athletes who train multiple times a day or during an intense pre-season/post-season schedule, there is no harm in investing in multiple compression therapy sessions per day, as long as there is sufficient recovery time between workouts.
Applying it to your Training Routine
Recovering like the pros do is a necessity, not an option. With little leeway for error in the world of competitive sport, edging out the competition by even 1% is a must. Compression therapy is not only time efficient (typically treatment is 10-30 minutes), but also extremely effective. Ideally, after your training is over, your cool-down and flexibility routine should be topped off by a solid 15-20 minutes (minimum) post-workout Game Ready, Aquilo, or Rapid Reboot compression session, by elevating the muscle group to prevent swelling and promote fresh blood cells.
Athletes and medical practitioners who are looking for the best compression boots that are portable and easy to use have a couple of options. Here is our review of the best compression boots on the market based on feedback from our professional athletes.
Rapid Reboot Recovery Boot Compression System
The team from Rapid Reboot has just released their two brand new compression recovery system control units, the Rapid Reboot Regen and the Rapid Reboot Genesis. So how do the new units compare to their predecessor, the Rapid Reboot Classic? Well, both the Regen and Genesis can now be taken abroad, meaning there’s no longer a need for mains power. Thanks to the addition of integrated batteries, the Genesis possesses a very respectable 2-hours of stand-alone operation and the Regen a massive 4-hours.
On top of that, the Rapid Reboot Regen has also been fitted with 4 different pre-programmed modes and 20 pressure levels that range from 0-200mmHg. And not to be outdone, the Rapid Reboot Genesis boasts 2 different pre-programmed modes and 10 pressure levels that also range from 0-200mmHg. Couple all of these awesome features with both Bluetooth and WiFi integration and, you’ve got to hand it to them, the Rapid Reboot team has done it again. They’ve set the new standard for compression recovery technology.
The Rapid Reboot Regen compression system control unit starts at $1,000 and the Rapid Reboot Genesis starts at $700.
- A huge range of new features, including chamber control, chamber isolation, power-saving modes, and Bluetooth and WiFi integration
- The new Rapid Deflation feature that quickly shrinks compression wraps for easy storage
- Both control units fit a wide range of compression garments, including a chest and arm, leg, hip, and ankle wraps
- Pressure levels range from 0-200mmHg
- 4-hour battery life for the Regen and 2-hour battery life for the Genesis
- 2-Year warranty
- The Genesis’ features are slightly limited compared to the Regen
Game Ready Cold & Compression Recovery Boot System
The Game Ready Cold and Compression Boot System is one of our favorite devices for post-surgery healing. In the current world of recovering from surgery, the patient is faced with many hurdles and the Game Ready is here to make it easy. This machine provides cold therapy while at the same time pumping the swelling out of an injured area via compression.
Designed with the elite athlete in mind, the Game Ready Ice Machine is the number one recovery tool for thousands of professional athletes, trainers, surgeons, professional teams, and sport medicine professionals around the world. Their technology, which combines compression and cold therapy is the most innovative and effective injury and recovery tool on the market today. When it comes to recovering from an injury, surgery, or just after a tough practice, the GameReady cold & compression therapy is sure to get you back to being healthier than ever before.
- No more prescription drugs
- Faster healing times
- Huge selection of attachments
- Simple and easy to use
- Boot wrap does not include ice machine unit
- Not ideal for travel
Aquilo Sports Recovery Pants System
The Aquilo Recovery Pants System is in a recovery category of its own that took over 10 years to develop backed by scientific research and data. By combining compression with ice therapy, the Aquilo system mimics the effects of an ice bath in an easy to use portable device, without getting wet. Ice water constantly circulates through the high-quality Italian made pants during a 15-20 minute treatment keeping the temp at an optimal recovery range of 10-12ºC.
The Aquilo System is completely portable and comes standard with a traveling backpack. The portable battery pack allows you to do 6-8 treatments and also doubles as a phone charger. With Aquilo, you get to choose from seven different sizes so you know that you are getting the proper fitting garment.
Our athletes say that the Aquilo System is best thing to ever happen to recovery which is why we see it in so many NBA, MLS, NHL, and professional cyclists locker rooms.The Aquilo System is priced at $2,200
- Over 10 Years of Proven Scientific Research and Data
- Cryo-Compression Technology
- Comfortable- Made From High Quality Italian Garment
- Seven Different Sizes
- Portable & Lightweight
- Rechargeable Battery
- High Price
- Lack of additional body parts
- No adjustable compression
Therabody RecoveryAir Compression System
The Therabody RecoveryAir PRO System is setting a new standard for muscle recovery technology. The system’s ability to flush waste cells and post-workout inflammation is an absolute game-changer.
No more multi-day rest days after a harder than usual workout. And you can say goodbye to painful lactic acid build up. Simply slip into a Recovery Pump compression system garment, sit back, and relax as compression therapy does its magic.
Thanks to the Therabody RecoveryAir PRO System’s adjustable pressure, four predefined compression programs, isolation modes, custom settings, and multiple additional and attachable garments, you’ll soon be keeping your athletic recovery time to a new all-time low.
The Therabody RecoveryAir Compression System comes complete with a pair of Compression Boots, RecoveryAir PRO pneumatic device, Blocker plug, and a 1 year limited warranty. The Therabody RecoveryAir PRO System is currently $1,299.00.
- Easy and straightforward to use
- Patented internal overlapping chambers ensure no gaps in pressure throughout the garment. This patented design creates a true gradient pneumatic compression cycle unlike any other garments on the market.
- A swift cycle maximizes treatment time leads to 2-5 times more compression sequences per treatment than other brands. = FASTER RECOVERY
- Fits a wide range of additional Recovery Pump garments that target other areas of the body
- Pressure range from 20-100mmHg
- A battery life that ranges from 3-5 hours, depending on the chosen compression setting
- Made right here in the U.S.
- Compared to similarly priced compression therapy units, compression settings are slightly limited
- Can be a touch loud while being used